“My top priority is to create a better Albuquerque for everyone. Our best days are ahead of us, and I am excited to build a city that promotes economic development, living wages, and safer streets. We are stronger when we work together.“
– Cynthia D. Borrego
Economy & Infrastructure
- Invest in infrastructure projects such as Paseo Del Norte and Unser in order to build for the future.
- Support small businesses with incentives that grow our city and put our people to work.
- Continue to rebuild our economy post-covid by diligently using money from the American Rescue plan to fund apprenticeships and job-development.
- Recruit new industries and invest in a well-trained workforce.
- Increase the number of community police officers on the street and provide the best department leadership in the country.
- Invest in crime prevention programs and mental health awareness programs that keep criminals off the street.
- Work with our well-respected police officers and businesses to address the root causes of crime.
- Invest in after-school programs that help our children stay active and busy.
- Build new multi-generational centers, senior centers, and community programs for citizens of all ages.
- Support our next generation with investments in youth sports, community center enhancements, and more outdoor activities.